Quality & Procurement Engineer
ecoRobotix SA, a scale-up based at Y-Parc in Yverdon, Switzerland, creates innovative robotic solutions that reduce the negative ecological impact of modern agriculture. We’ve developed a solar-powered, autonomous weeding robot that decreases the amount of herbicides used in crop fields while keeping costs competitive. When you join our talented, dynamic team, you can contribute to a more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology. Our organization is flexible, and we provide a great work environment for our creative, self-motivated staff.
ecoRobotix is growing! To pursue our mission, we are looking for a Quality & Procurement Engineer.
For this full-time and permanent position, you will work on two important domains, which are improving the quality of current and future ecoRobotix products and improving the quality over cost ratio of parts procurements. In direct report with the Director of Operations you will interact with the manufacturing, supply and R&D teams, and with external suppliers. Your work will consist in identifying quality needs and implement measures for continuous product quality improvement. It will consist also in monitoring the quality of external suppliers and negotiating optimal procurement prices and conditions.
- Define Quality Metrics and provide reports
- Define criteria for component qualification and lead the qualification decisions
- Review all documents being within the Manufacturing Dossier provided by the R&D
- Define Incoming good Quality Checks (QC) based on Supplier QC
- Define Manufacturing QC and technical requirements for new test benches
- Manage customer bugs reports and ensure that those requiring actions are followed
- Ensure follow-up of all Engineering Change Order (ECO) and Design Changes
- Ensure all product functions are tested within a range corresponding to customer requirements
- Manage quality documentation and processes
- Transfer quality controls to suppliers when relevant
- Define guidelines and coaching engineers on building the quality documentation
- Negotiate best prices and procurement conditions with suppliers, establish contracts with them
- MS degree in Mechanical engineering, Micro-engineering or Quality
- Technical systems knowledge related to electronics and mechanical assembly
- 5+ years of industry experience in manufacturing or development of hardware devices
- Working understanding and theory of Quality Methods, Design of Experiments, statistical process control methods
- Very pragmatic and able to identify the good enough from the good to have
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, with clear & consistent communication
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Rigorous, pragmatic and having strong empathy
- Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play
What we offer
- Exciting work in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology in various fields
- An opportunity to contribute to more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture
- A place on a dynamic, motivated team in a start-up atmosphere
- Attractive working conditions (flexibility, working environment, training, etc.)
This position is expected to start on March 1, 2020.
Please send your complete application via the Jobup Platform.