ecoRobotix SA, a scale-up based at Y-Parc in Yverdon, Switzerland, creates innovative robotic solutions that reduce the negative ecological impact of modern agriculture. We’ve developed a solar-powered, autonomous weeding robot that decreases the amount of herbicides used in crop fields while keeping costs competitive. When you join our talented, dynamic team, you can contribute to a more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology. Our organization is flexible, and we provide a great work environment for our creative, self-motivated staff.
ecoRobotix is growing! To pursue our mission, we are looking for a Support Technician.
- Development of the complete mechanics of the robots, from the dimensioning of the parts to the final validation of the machine in real usage conditions
- Analytical dimensioning, 3D drawings, FEM simulations, drawings for fabrication with full details for the complete machine’s hierarchy
- Bring innovative and creative solutions to respect functionality, weight, safety and robustness constraints in a cost-effective way
- Work in collaboration with marketing to integrate user feedback in the design choices to optimize the ease of use and versatility
- Close collaboration with the other design teams: production, electronics and cabling, esthetic design
- Contact with suppliers to choose the best and most cost-effective fabrication techniques
- Validate the mechanical parts on the prototypes, and guarantee their evolution on the product
- University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in industry as mechanical design engineer in complex machine design
- Practice in dimensioning mechanical elements such as transmission chains, assembly elements, rotation or linear movements
- Experience in constraints-driven parts dimensioning (wearing, strain, vibration) using hand calculation and FEM simulations
- Strong experience in sheet metal and welded parts design, up to the fully annotated drawings for fabrication
- Strong practical experience of metal parts machining and assembly
What we offer
- Exciting work in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology in various fields
- An opportunity to contribute to more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture
- A place on a dynamic, motivated team in a start-up atmosphere
- Attractive working conditions (flexibility, working environment, training, etc.)
This position is expected to start on October 1, 2019.
Please send your complete application via the Jobup Platform.