Embedded Software Development Manager
ecoRobotix SA, a scale-up based at Y-Parc in Yverdon, Switzerland, creates innovative robotic solutions that reduce the negative ecological impact of modern agriculture. We have developed an AI-based ultra-high accuracy spot spraying technology that drastically reduces the amount of chemicals used in crop fields while keeping costs competitive. The technology is deployed on our tractor-towed ARA machine, and on our solar-powered, autonomous robot AVO. By joining our talented, dynamic team, you will contribute to a more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology. Our organization is flexible, and we provide a great work environment for our creative, self-motivated staff.
ecoRobotix is growing! To pursue our mission, we are looking for a charismatic Embedded Software Development Manager.
- Manage and coordinate a team of 4-6 software developers, applying Agile/SCRUM methodology and principles
- Lead the embedded software development of our machines using efficient industry practices (test, continuous integration, software life cycle, etc.)
- Work in close collaboration with the CTO and the other development managers to lead the main architectural choices of our embedded SW, from early feasibility study to in-field full tests validation, following industrial trends
- Provide technical oversight and expertise, from product specifications to delivery
- Lead the team to deliver expected product functionality according to agreed project specifications, cost, quality, and timeline milestones
- Contribute to a working environment that supports team effectiveness and provides feedback to team members
- Master’s degree in computer science, micro engineering, electricity engineering
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience in C/C++ software development for industrial embedded systems with issues such as real-time, communication, in-field test, code deployment, remote upgrade, etc.
- Experience in other programming areas (web, server, databases) and other languages (Python, Java) are appreciated
- Several years of team management with proven technical lead, comfortable with Agile/SCRUM methods
- Experienced in linux-based embedded systems
- Deep knowledge of C++
- Familiar with tools such as: docker, git, gtest, jenkins, drone, ansible
- Experience in technologies such as TCP/IP, RPC
- Basic knowledge in firmware and electronics
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence) appreciated
What we offer
- Exciting work in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology
- An opportunity to contribute to more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture
- A place on a dynamic, motivated team in a start-up atmosphere
- Attractive working conditions (flexibility, working environment, training, etc.)
This position is expected to start as soon as possible.
Please send your complete application via the Jobup Platform.