ecoRobotix SA, a scale-up based at Y-Parc in Yverdon, Switzerland, creates innovative robotic solutions that reduce the negative ecological impact of modern agriculture. We’ve developed a solar-powered, autonomous weeding robot that decreases the amount of herbicides used in crop fields while keeping costs competitive. When you join our talented, dynamic team, you can contribute to a more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology. Our organization is flexible, and we provide a great work environment for our creative, self-motivated staff.
ecoRobotix is growing! To pursue our mission, we are looking for a charismatic Robotics Manager.
- With the CTO, define and lead the continuous development of our robotics technology
- Provide technical oversight and expertise, from product specifications to product delivery
- Lead, drive and deliver expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
- Coordinate the robotics team (2-3 engineers), applying Agile/SCRUM methods and contributing to a working environment that supports team effectiveness and provides feedback to team members
- In close collaboration with the team, lead the architectural choices, from early feasibility study to in-field full tests validation
- Collaborate closely with the other teams of the company
- Master degree in microengineering, electricity or electromechanical engineering, or computer science with option in robotics
- At least 6 years of experience in robotics systems and technologies, in topics such as robotics trajectory control, robotics sensors, industrial communication systems
- Strong practice of programming on real-time issues (synchronous data acquisition and control, image processing, sensor data processing)
- Experience in other programming areas (web, server, databases) would be appreciated
- Several years of team management
- Comfortable with Agile/SCRUM methods
- Knowledge and experience in positioning and navigation sensors: Lidar, odometry, visual odometry, centimetric GPS, IMU, vision
- Knowledge and experience in robot autonomous navigation algorithms and implementations: topologically constrained path planning, trajectory control in open fields, obstacle avoidance, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in sensor data fusion: Kalman filter and other methods
- Practice of programming on real-time issues (synchronous data acquisition and control, image processing, sensor data processing) and software validation on real robots
- Expand the practice of functional code testing in real conditions
- Deployment of the software following industrial standards
- Management of the SW release cycles
What we offer
- Exciting work in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology in various fields
- An opportunity to contribute to more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture
- A place on a dynamic, motivated team in a start-up atmosphere
- Attractive working conditions (flexibility, working environment, training, etc.)
This position is expected to start as soon as possible.
Please send your complete application to email@example.com.